Shipping & Returns
Non-California residents are responsible for determining if their state or county laws allow wines, spirits or liquors to be shipped into their state or county. Each state or county has their own laws and regulations related to these products. Please check with your appropriate agencies. Each individual accepts full responsibility for their state verification.
- Insurance is included with the shipping fees for all shipments.
- We prefer to ship to a business address.
- No purchase of alcoholic beverages will be made to any person under the age of 21. Delivery carrier will require proof of age and an adult signature.
4.Products cannot be shipped to a APO, FPO, PO Box or international (except in countries where shipping wine/spirits/tobacco is legal and permitted).
- Preferred Liquors will arrange shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address furnished by the buyer that will not subject the seller to any sort of legal actions, or if there are any taxes impose by the state where is the delivery address.
- All products are sold in California, with TITLE passing to the buyer in California.
- Some products (such as wines and spirits) might be weather sensitive.
- We try our best to pack our products as safely as possible and damage rarely happens. Should any products be damaged during shipping please contact us by email with pictures of the damage product. Please note that damaged products must be returned to us to receive refund, so DO NOT throw out the product. LEAKS ARE NOT COVERED OR CONSIDERED DAMAGE as there is in no way we can guarantee there will be no leaks, and no one can, especially as some bottles are handmade and do not have screw cap tops, but please let us know if there is significant leakage and we will do our best to resolve the issue and let the distilleries in Mexico knows to improve.
- No returns will be accepted without prior approval. The shipping costs will NOT be refunded for ANY REASON. You have 30 days from the date you received your product to contact us about damages, leaks, cracks, or others reasons. After 30 days we will no longer accept or amend orders. YOU CAN NOT RETURN SPIRITS (TEQUILA, WHISKEY, ETC.) FOR ANY REASON.
- The shipping companies will make a few attempts to deliver your order before returning your order to our store. These returned products will be subject to a 10% restocking fee and freight, plus a $15.00 return shipping fee.
- All California residents are subject to 8.25% sales tax on taxable product.
- All shipping prices are estimates and are based on your destination. The average size and weight of typical 750ml, 1.0L, 1.75L bottles (5lbs-12lbs) and items with special packaging will require additional shipping costs and we will contact you if there is any difference.
- All shipping times are business days, Monday thru Friday. Most orders will be shipped as soon as they are verified; however, some orders will have delays due to availability and/or verification. When ordering, please make sure that your billing address corresponds with the billing address your issuing credit card bank has on file for you. Orders will not be shipped until address and age verification can be obtained. Occasionally, some items are out of stock and will cause a few days delay as some items do not show back order status on the web so we suggest that you call the store for availability before you submit your order. We will partially ship some larger orders as products become available. During sales and the holidays, orders may take longer to fulfill, so please plan accordingly if gifting, or contact to ensure delivery option dates. Expedited shipping is not available.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES: Please check carefully that your address and zip code are correct and complete (apt.#, Floor#, etc.) when placing an order, as the shipping company will charge $15.00 for incorrect or incomplete information. If the recipient re-routes the shipment, the shipping company will charge $15.00. The customer placing the order (in case of gift purchases the customer is not the recipient), is liable for the above fees. All these charges will be charged to the customer credit card and notified by e-mail. It is also in your best interest to leave a phone number and email for the shipping company to contact in case in delivery issues arise.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. For any prices shown as ($0.00), please contact us for current price. Pictures are for illustration only as the products label and bottles shape can change anytime without notice, as some companies/distillers like to update their labels and bottles shape. We ship the latest of what the importer and the distributor deliver to us, please do not call us or email us to complain about that the bottle image wasn't the exact match of what you ordered vs. received. We do our best to constantly update the product to the most recent design, but if you are specifically looking for a specific label, shape, or color of a product, please contact us before placing your order to ensure availability.
- Should any product be damaged during shipping, please email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seals, papers, wraps, wax, and etc. can be damaged, and while it is unlikely, this is the risk of buying online and having your product shipped.
If you receive a wine that is corked and is within thirty days of your purchase date, please contact our customer service department at (858-455-9758 ext. 425). We do not guarantee wines after seven years of vintage date. We regret that shipping charges are not refundable. We do not recommend ground delivery for wines, because of the potential heat exposure. We cannot be responsible for damaged wines due to the selection of ground delivery. It is not our responsibility on wines after they leave our warehouse. We will hold wines at no additional charge until temperature condition are more suitable for shipping.
- No alcohol shipping to state of TX, NH, UT, ND. Or internationally
- Address corrections, reroutes, & redirects to hold must be obtained by contacting us.
We also encourage you to visit our store at: 9181 Mission Gorge Rd, Santee, CA 92071. Our hours are 10:00am-8:00pm PST Monday-Saturday, 10:00am-6:00pm Sunday. In store prices may vary. We will price match our online price in store.
Return address: Preferred Liquor
9181 Mission Gorge Rd.
Santee, CA 92071